1. I’m alive. And let me tell you, folks, all things considered that feels like a victory of gigantic proportions. (Note: The previous comparison was not a veiled comment on my current measurements. We’ll get to those later.)
2. I’m starting to feel like myself again. Or maybe I’m starting to feel like some new version of myself, one that hasn’t been around in a long time, or ever before. I can listen to music again. I can read a book without realizing that I’m not paying attention to the words on the fifth try through a paragraph. I can get out of bed each morning and not spend every minute thereafter waiting until I can crawl back into it. I feel better, just like everyone said I would eventually. Stupid everyone and their being right and stuff. ;)
3. I don’t really want to talk about it here. Yet.
4. I’m back on the Weight Watchers band wagon, and tearing up the road. Seriously. After the chaos of the last few years abated, it turns out that all that energy I’d been diverting to just keeping myself from exploding into a million little pieces could be channeled back into working toward my weight loss goals. I’m feeling stronger, remembering how nice it feels to be in control, and…
5. I DO want to talk about that. Here. Now. If anyone’s still out there, I’ve missed you. I’ve missed me. So…Hello. Again.
Been a long time...
1 week ago